Contributions, Charges and Fees

Upcoming Events

Staff Professional Development Day - Pupil Free

View Event Details

Last day for students

Last day of Term 4, 2019
View Event Details
View All College Events


Secondary Assistance Scheme - Contributions and Charges

You may be eligible for up to $350 towards school expenses. The Secondary Assistance Scheme is av...
View Details

Entertainment Books - P&C Fundraiser

ENTERTAINMENT BOOKS ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER! You can choose from the traditional Entertainmen...
View Details
View all college news

Voluntary contributions, compulsory charges and approved funding paid by parents and guardians are used to purchase text books, materials and other resources used by students in their everyday classes.  All contributions and charges assist in providing an educational program that meets the requirements of the Curriculum Framework and comply with the guidelines issued by the Department of Education and the School Education Act.

The College community is appreciative of the financial support given by parents and guardians which enables staff to continue to offer quality educational programs.

Payment of Contributions, Charges and Fees

How and when

Payments can be made during office hours in the administration office during school term in person, over the phone or by mail via cash, cheque or credit card. Credit card payments can also be made directly to the college bank account online:

Account Name: Ashdale Secondary College
Bank: Commonwealth
BSB: 066-040
Account Number: 1990 1762
Reference: Student Name

Qkr payment App for the payment of excursions and activities.

Ashdale Secondary College is excited to offer Qkr! for online payments of school activities including excursions, incursions and tours.

The benefits of using Qkr! are that:

  • It provides a secure and easy way to pay.
  • You are able to electronically sign permission slips, via your smartphone, for your child to attend an activity.
  • The need to complete a medical form for each activity is eliminated.
  • The app holds a record of your payments and can send receipts to your email.

To get started is simple!

  • Download
    Download the Qkr! app via your devices app store.
  • Register
    Register your country of residence as ‘Australia’ and follow the steps to register.
  • Find your school
    Find your school – Ashdale Secondary College will appear in ‘Nearby Locations’.
  • Add your children
    Add your children by ‘adding student profile’.

When you receive notice of your child’s excursion or activity then all you’ll need to do is:

Look for your child’s activity or excursion on the app, complete the permission form, payment if required and submit.

Payment Arrangements

Some families may not be in a position to pay charges and contributions all at one time. Please feel welcome to contact the Manager Corporate Services on 9302 7100 who will assist in formulating a payment plan to suit your budget.

Visa Holders

Some visa holders must apply and pay tuition directly to Education and Training International (ETI) in addition to the school’s standard requested voluntary contribution & charges.

Government Assistance

Secondary Assistance Scheme

The State Government, through the Department of Education provides financial support to eligible parents through the Secondary Assistance Scheme (SAS). The aim of this scheme is to assist low income families with secondary schooling costs.

The allowance consists of two components:

$235 Educational Program Allowance is paid directly to the school and is taken as payment for the Voluntary Contribution.

$115 Clothing Allowance paid directly to the parent/guardian to assist with purchase of the school uniform or parents can opt to direct payment to the school to decrease outstanding balance of voluntary contribution and or charges.

Application is made by parents or guardians of students enrolled in Years 7 to 12 up to and including the year the student turns 18 years of age.

Parents/guardians must hold one of the following cards:

  • Human Services  Health Care Card Card holder must be parent/guardian. Claims cannot be made by a parent using a student’s card (i.e. the student may hold a card for disability purposes).
  • Human Services Pensioner Concession Card. Student name should be listed on the card.
  • Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card. Health Pensioner Card, TPI / TPI Gold Cards or State Cards cannot be accepted as they are issued for medical benefit purposes only.

The above cards must be current during first term. Application must be in person, forms are available from Administration office at the College.

Applications close at the end of term 1. Any application received after this date will not be accepted.