Please click on the link below to view the Year 11 and Year 12 Subject Selection Handbooks:
We encourage you to sit with your child and together explore the course options and future pathways contained in our Year 11 Handbook.
Subject selections will be completed online through the Subject Selection Online (SSO) website. This website is designed to guide you through the process of selecting your Courses of Study for 2018. Subject Selections Online will OPEN on THURSDAY 15 JUNE 2017 and CLOSE on FRIDAY 21 JULY 2017.
It is important that PRIOR to selecting courses, students:
- Understand that the minimum pre-requisites for entry into ATAR courses are B grades and have passed OLNA by the end of Year 10.
- Can accurately explain the WACE Graduation requirements.
- Complete all parts of your “Year 10 Individual Pathways Plan”.
- Make sure you have thoroughly read through the Year 11 Handbook 2018. The document link is on the first page of the SSO website and on the ASC website.
- Speak with your Mentor or Futures Teacher/Classroom Teacher about possible courses.
- Speak with current Year 11 students to get some information on the differences between Year 10 and 11 academic expectations.
- Complete research online about possible pathways at University, TAFE or the workplace.
- Understand that Course Counselling Interviews are available for any student. The link is on SSO.
- Understand that subjects are NOT ‘first come, first served’ until after the closing date of 21 July. Interview dates will not impact on subject choices.
- Choose your Pathway:
- ATAR Pathway – some students are pre-approved into this Pathway – Log on to SSO, make your selections then PRINT and SIGN the Selection Report and return to the Administration office
- General Pathway – Log on to SSO, make your selections then PRINT and SIGN the Selection Report and return to the Administration office
- Course Counselling interview required or desired before you select subjects – Log on to SSO, make an Appointment to see a Course Counsellor. Examine the handbook and note the subjects you would like to select, so that you are informed ahead of the interview. Interviews dates are 18th-20th July.
- Please go to the website at https://client.subjectselectiononline.com.au/?school=ym2rs (The SSO website is not compatible with Internet Explorer. For ease of use, we recommend Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers)
- Click Obtain PIN/Password to have login and password emailed to the students Connect email address.
- Logon to student’s school email address eg email@example.com to retrieve login and password
- Access the SSO website and login using the new PIN/Password to complete your selections.
If you require an interview, you will need to click on the link ‘Click here to be taken to PTO to book your interview’. You will then need to click on ‘Obtain PIN/Password’ in the right-hand box. This will prompt you to enter the student’s school email address (the one you used to register for SSO) and will send you a PIN by email. Then click on Login in the right-hand box, enter student surname and PIN in the left-hand box, and proceed to make a booking.
When subject selections have been completed on SSO, use the ‘Generate Selection Report’ button (see above) to print off the subject report. This should be signed by a parent and returned to the front office.
A Subject Deposit of a minimum of $100 per student is required. Use the BPOINT button (see above) to pay the Subject Deposit.
- Extra costs apply for all Year 11 subjects. These costs are compulsory. A deposit of $100 is required upon subject selection. The second instalment is due on 1 December 2017 and the final instalment due on 23 February 2018 (end of Week 4, Term 1, 2018).
- Students will be notified of their provisional enrolment in Year 11. Enrolments will not be confirmed until satisfactory payment of Compulsory Charges has been recorded by the College.
Please do not hesitate to contact the College on 9302 7100 if you have any queries regarding this subject selection process.