Secondary Assistance Scheme – Contributions and Charges

Upcoming Events

Staff Professional Development Day - Pupil Free

View Event Details

Last day for students

Last day of Term 4, 2019
View Event Details
View All College Events


Apply NOW to enrol for 2020

It is time to apply to enrol your child at Ashdale Secondary College for 2020 if they are: st...
View Details

10 Year Anniversary Celebration

Ashdale Secondary College is turning 10 and you are invited to the party! Join us on Wednesday 15...
View Details
View all college news

1st February 2017

You may be eligible for up to $350 towards school expenses. The Secondary Assistance Scheme is available to Centrelink Health Care Card, Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran’s Affairs Pensioner Concession Card holders until Friday 7 April 2017.

The State Government, through the Department of Education provides financial support to eligible parents through the Secondary Assistance Scheme (SAS). The aim of this scheme is to assist low income families with secondary schooling costs.

The allowance consists of two components:

$235 Educational Program Allowance is paid directly to the school and is taken as payment for the Voluntary Contribution.

$115 Clothing Allowance paid directly to the parent/guardian to assist with purchase of the school uniform or parents can opt to direct payment to the school to decrease outstanding balance of voluntary contribution and or charges.

Application is made by parents or guardians of students enrolled in Years 7 to 12 up to and including the year the student turns 18 years of age.

Parents/guardians must hold one of the following cards:

  • Human Services  Health Care Card Card holder must be parent/guardian. Claims cannot be made by a parent using a student’s card (i.e. the student may hold a card for disability purposes).
  • Human Services Pensioner Concession Card. Student name should be listed on the card.
  • Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card. Health Pensioner Card, TPI / TPI Gold Cards or State Cards cannot be accepted as they are issued for medical benefit purposes only.

The above cards must be current during first term. Application must be in person and forms are available from Administration office at the College.

Applications close at the end of term 1 – Friday 7 April 2017. Any application received after this date cannot be accepted.

For more information about the paying of your account, please click here.