Ashdale Secondary College is an Independent Public School. Only children whose usual place of residence is within the local intake area for the College are guaranteed places at the College. Once the College has confirmed the number of local-intake area enrolments, applications from children outside the local-intake area can be assessed after the first Friday of Term 3 each year. Ashdale Secondary College receives a significant number of Expressions of Interest for enrolment from outside the local intake area each year and as such a process is run to ensure fairness and equity. This includes cut off dates for Year 6 students applying for Year 7 enrolment. Please contact the College or see our website calendar for these dates. All mid year enrolments are assessed on an individual basis and therefore will require an interview to be conducted and most recent report to be provided.
The priority for students who live outside the local-intake area is in the following order:
1. A child who is accepted into a specialist program1 including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
2. A child who has a sibling enrolled at the school for that year; this does not include a sibling who has gained enrolment through specialist programs including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
3. A child who lives closest to the school (not closest to the boundary of a local-intake area school).
To initiate the enrolment process, Parents/Guardians are required to complete an Expression of Interest form which can be collected from the College Administration Office. Alternatively, a copy of the form can be emailed to you, please contact 9302 7100 to request. Submitting an Expression of Interest to the College does not mean that an enrolment has been accepted by the school.
Upon submitting the Expression of Interest, the Parent/Guardian is required to supply the following documentation:
- Three pieces of evidence of their usual place of residence, eg. a recent utility account (gas, water, electricity, shire rates, contract of purchase of land/house or current lease agreement),
- Drivers licence or Passport of Parent/Guardian completing the application,
- Birth Certificate,
- Immunisation Records,
- Most recent school report
- If applicable, court orders or documentation showing the enrolling adult is the legal guardian.
If the student was not born in Australia, the following documents will also need to be provided:
- Evidence of the date of entry into Australia,
- Passport or travel documents,
- Current visas and previous visas (if applicable).
For further information, please call the College Administration Office on 9302 7100 or email email@example.com.
Year 10-12 Enrolments: USI Number Requirements
All Senior School students (Year 10-12) must have a USI number on enrolment. Junior School students can also apply for a USI number at the time of enrolment as this number will remain with them into Senior School.
In Year 10 all students will be undertaking nationally recognised training courses delivered by a registered training organization and they will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This supports studying at TAFE in the future or with a private training organisation, completing an apprenticeship or skill set, certificate or diploma course.
For more information on how to apply for a USI number, please click here.
For facts about USI numbers and their purpose, please click here.
LOCAL INTAKE AREA
The Primary Schools in the local intake area are Landsdale PS, Ashdale PS and Madeley PS. Please note, students in these schools who do not live in the local intake area will not automatically be accepted to the College for enrolment.
The boundaries of the Local Intake Area are:
Northern boundary Ocean Reef road which becomes Gnangara Road
Eastern boundary Alexander Drive
Southern boundary Hepburn Avenue
Western boundary Wanneroo Road
There is an ‘Optional Intake Area’ which extends from Ocean Reef Road, north along Badgerup Road, east along Ross Street which then becomes Sydney Street and back south to Ocean Reef Road.