Ashdale Secondary College aims to provide and maintain a health promoting school environment which enables students to reach their full academic and personal potential.
A Health Promoting School is characterised as a “school that is constantly strengthening its capacity as a healthy setting for living, learning and working”. The three interconnecting domains of the Health Promoting School are the teaching and learning environment, school organisation and ethos and the broader community relationships.
Ashdale Secondary College does not permit any member of the school community, including students, staff and visitors while on school premises, at any school function, excursion or camp to:
- smoke and/or possess tobacco products
- consume and/or possess alcohol
- deliberately inhale volatile substances (solvents)
- possess and/or use pharmaceutical drugs for non-medical purposes
- possess and/or use illegal drugs
- possess and/or use drug related equipment
- knowingly be in the presence of others who are in breach of this policy
Students who are caught undertaking any of the above activities will receive counselling from the College Community Health Nurse. If required, the Police will be contacted for any serious breaches of the drug policy.