The main Principles of the ICT Appropriate Use Policy are:
- At Ashdale Secondary College ICT is provided for educational purposes only.
- Electronic devices are considered ‘educational devices’ and are not seen as rewards.
- Students using the school’s ICT must not break State or Federal laws (a summary of these laws are included in this Policy and form part of this Policy).
- The school has the right to check all written, graphic, audio and other materials created, produced, communicated, stored or accessed on school ICT by students, including emails.
- Students shall be made aware that access to ICT and in particular email and the internet, can expose them to inappropriate material or potential harm.
- Students shall take responsibility when using the school’s ICT services by protecting their personal information and data, maintaining the required level of security, respecting the privacy of others, respecting the legal boundaries of licensing and copyright, using language appropriate to the college’s expectations and taking good care of all ICT equipment.
- Students shall take personal responsibility when using the college’s ICT devices by protecting and ensuring all equipment is treated with respect.