The College encourages the regular use of a student diary as an educational tool. Teachers are asked to ensure that all students enter their homework commitments immediately at the point of class discussion of each assignment. Diaries will be monitored during set mentor time and students will be shown how to effectively use and manage a diary during these periods. All teachers will be encouraged to support the use of diaries for continuity across year levels.
Students are encouraged to:
- Enter every piece of set work in the diary for every lesson.
- Include the due date.
- Use diary entries to plan ahead.
- Tick off completed work.
Students should check that they:
- Have a definite place to study.
- Are avoiding distraction such as radio, TV noise.
- Have a suitable desk or table and chair.
- Have adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Are developing good posture. (e.g. you should not be lying on a bed or squatting on the floor)
- Have a study timetable or plan.
- Have all the things they need handy to their place of study.