Ashdale Secondary College has a community endorsed dress code that, in accordance with the Education Act of 1999, ALL students are to conform with at ALL TIMES unless otherwise directed. The cooperation of parents is sought in setting and maintaining a high standard of dress, appearance and cleanliness from their child by ensuring that they conform to the dress code.
- Clothing which has advertising or is black or denim is NOT acceptable.
- Make-up and jewellery are NOT appropriate.
- When directed, long hair must be tied back for safety reasons.
- Thongs, scholls, backless sandals and other forms of open footwear must NOT be worn.
- Safety specific requirements for uniform may be identified by subject areas.
- Students are to use the ASC school bag or a like product that will have the capacity to store a student’s learning materials, laptop, physical education uniform, meals and personal belongings.
- Ladies handbags and male variations like bumbags do not have the capacity to store a students daily schooling requirements and is thus inappropriate for a school environment.
- Small backpacks are a viable option for senior school students in specific programs whose major material needs have been met by ASC or an external provider.
Everyday wear girls:
- White short sleeve button up blouse with school logo embroidered on LHB pocket.
- Navy blue mid length drop waist pleated skirt.
- Navy blue mid length cuffed bengaline shorts.
- Navy blue straight leg bengaline pants.
- Navy zip front fleece jacket or school jumper with school logo.
- Navy blue uniform dress.
Everyday wear boys:
- Short sleeve button up shirt with school logo embroidered on LHB pocket.
- Navy long leg shorts.
- Navy pants.
- Navy zip front fleece jacket with school logo.
Unisex Sport Uniform:
- Navy & white polo with school collar.
- Navy microfibre sport short with white piping.
- Shoes – Black enclosed school shoes/black sport shoes. Shoes must have minimal colour and branding. Open back footwear is not acceptable.
- Stockings/socks – School socks, navy stockings (girls).
In addition students can now wear:
- White undergarments beneath their white shirts
- ASC sports shorts
- Navy Blue parachute style trousers
- Black shoes with minimal colour and branding
- Navy wet weather jacket with College logo
However students are not permitted to wear:
- Hoodies of any description
- Fleeced track suit pants
- Any t-shirt except white under their ASC white school shirt
- Any windcheater, jacket or jumper that does not carry the ASC emblem
- Striped branded trousers
- Black parachute style trousers