Ashdale SC has created an atmosphere where students are actively engaged in the curriculum and are provided with interesting ways to learn; where they feel cared for by College staff and develop a sense of belonging to the school; and where teachers know them well, build on their strengths and encourage them to persist with tasks until they succeed. Students are more likely to behave well if they are in an environment where they feel respected and capable.
Successful behaviour management is acting to meet students’ needs rather than simply reacting when they misbehave.
As a whole school we are committed to achieving the objectives of:
- Providing a positive classroom environment for all students,
- Promoting, delivering and ensuring respect and consideration for all members of the community,
- Providing future-focused programs and activities that utilise current best practice teaching and learning strategies,
- Exposing students to a variety of methods of learning,
- Discovering, enriching and promoting student achievement across all learning areas,
- Actively seeking opportunities for students to connect with and enhance the local community,
- Actively devising, fostering and celebrating school and community pride.