Ashdale Secondary College is an Independent Public School. Only children whose usual place of residence is within the local intake area for the College are guaranteed places at the College. All children whose usual place of residence is within the local intake area require an Expression of Interest form to be submitted by the first Friday of Term 3 each year to begin the process of enrolment.
Ashdale Secondary College receives a significant number of Expressions of Interest for enrolment from within its local intake area, which usually means that the College is unable to take enrolments from outside of the local intake area. Once the College has confirmed the number of local intake area enrolments, applications from children outside the local intake area can be assessed, from the first Friday of Term 3 each year.
The priority for students who live outside the local intake area is in the following order:
- A child who is accepted into a specialist program, including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
- A child who has a sibling enrolled at the school for that year; this does not include a sibling who has gained enrolment through specialist programs including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
- A child who lives closest to the school (not closest to the boundary of a local-intake area school).
How to enrol your child
To start the enrolment process, Parents/Guardians are required to complete an Expression of Interest form. This form can be downloaded, collected from the College Administration Office or alternatively, a copy of the form can be emailed to you, please contact 9302 7100 to request. Submitting an Expression of Interest to the College does not mean that enrolment has been accepted by the school.
Upon submitting the Expression of Interest, the Parent/Guardian is required to supply the following documentation:
- Three pieces of evidence of their usual place of residence, eg. a recent utility account (gas, water, electricity, shire rates, contract of purchase of land/house or current lease agreement)
- Drivers licence or Passport of Parent/Guardian completing the application
- Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Records
- Most recent school report
- If applicable, court orders or documentation showing the enrolling adult is the legal guardian
- If applicable, documentation relating to any diagnosed learning difficulty or medical condition.
If the student was not born in Australia, the following documents will also need to be provided:
- Evidence of the date of entry into Australia
- Passport or travel documents
- Current visas and previous visas (if applicable).
For further information, please call the College Administration Office on 9302 7100 or email email@example.com.
Enrolment into ASC Specialist Programs
For details of how to enrol or apply into any Ashdale Secondary College Approved Specialist Program please follow the links to their information:
Year 7-12 Enrolments: USI Number Requirements
All students (Years 7-12) must have a USI (Unique Student Identifier) number on enrolment. What is a USI?
For more information on how to apply for a USI number, please click here.
LOCAL INTAKE AREA
The Primary Schools in the local intake area are Landsdale PS, Ashdale PS, Madeley PS and Carnaby Rise PS. Please note, students in these schools who do not live in the local intake area will not automatically be accepted to the College for enrolment.
The boundaries of the Local Intake Area are:
Northern boundary Ocean Reef road which becomes Gnangara Road
Eastern boundary Alexander Drive
Southern boundary Hepburn Avenue
Western boundary Wanneroo Road
There is an ‘Optional Intake Area’ which extends from Ocean Reef Road, north along Badgerup Road, east along Ross Street which then becomes Sydney Street and back south to Ocean Reef Road.