Click here to search the Ashdale SC Library Catalogue
The staff of Ashdale Secondary College Library understand and undertake the responsibilities identified in the Australian School Library Association’s Bill of Rights so that Ashdale staff and students can achieve appropriate teaching and learning outcomes to become competent and confident readers and independent, efficient and effective users of ideas and information.
We are dedicated to providing and promoting intellectual and physical access for all to an extensive range of print and electronic resources, tools and technologies which will:
- meet the educational needs of all members of our staff and student body;
- stimulate interest and independence in literacy; and
- encourage our staff and students to create and manipulate ideas and information efficiently and effectively so that they may become independent lifelong learners.
We believe that the purpose of Ashdale Secondary College library is to enhance teaching and students’ learning within the total program of the school by:
- cooperating with teachers in the planning, implementing and evaluating of teaching/learning programs;
- providing opportunities for students to develop information skills and use them competently;
- extending students’ learning experiences and enriching their lives through the effective use of resources;
- being involved in the selection, acquisition, and organisation of materials to support the school curriculum;
- providing a variety of teaching/learning areas, for classes, for small groups and for individuals; and
- providing a safe, supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students and staff.